<< Use our online scheduling system to book your Single-Session Writing Support appointment>>
Single-Session Writing Support Schedule
Thursday 9:00-10:00 and 2:00-4:00
Check the link above for the Spring Semester Single-Session Writing Support Schedule.
Single-Session Writing Support Guidelines:
- Single-Session Writing Support is for students enrolled in English Composition classes at SFSU
- You may sign up for one session per day
- You may sign up for two sessions per week
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be given to another student
- If a Writing Coach is available during the time-slot following yours, you may ask him/her to continue working with you, but this occurs only at the discretion of the writing coach.
- You must have an appointment to meet with a writing coach.
Before your tutoring session:
- 30 minutes is not a great deal of time for a session, so make sure you have a good idea of what you need help with in your writing/paper.
- Please choose one or two specific elements of your paper you wish to work on in advance before your appointment.
Note: Writing coaches are not allowed to proofread or edit your paper for you. This would be unethical and is not what sessions are for. Do not begin your session by handing your paper to your writing coach and asking, "Would you look over my paper and tell me what is wrong with it?" Prepare before your session and ask specific questions.