Writing Program Redesign: Events and Professional Development
Check here for dates and details about the English Department's redesign of the undergraduate writing classes. You can learn more by listening to our webinar and podcast series, This is Writing, found on our portfolium site here: https://portfolium.com/EnglishComp/portfolio
- Oct 10th at 3:00-4:00, HUM 485: "Creating Digital Projects in Area E,"
- Oct 12, 10:30-11:15, Online via Zoom: Join Professor Bill Hart-Davidson of Michigan State, who will lead a workshop on “Modeling Peer-Nominated Exemplars: Using student writing to support feedback and revision.” Professor Hart-Davidson is the author of several articles on digital rhetoric, and is a co-inventor of Eli Review.
- Oct 16, 3:30-7:30, HUM 485: Community College Reading Association Conference
- Oct 22, 2:00 - 3:00, HUM 485: Helping Students in Crisis (with SFSU's Action Crisis Team)
- Date TBD: Developing Students' Purpose in College and Beyond (with Orlando Harris, Director of Career Services and Leadership Development)
- Dec 1, 9:00 - 3:00pm, UC Berkeley: Bay Area Writing Project Forum: What Do We Mean by “Critical Thinking”?
- Dec 21, 9am-12:00pm, HUM 485: End-of-term Retreat
Please consider joining one of our Learning Circles. To find out more, and for information on how to get involved, click here.
Learning Circle Meetings
- LC Meeting: Digital Writing, Oct 10, TBD
- LC Meeting: FYE/Belonging, Oct 16, 2pm in person and Zoom
- LC Meeting: Digital Writing, Oct 31, TBD
- Peer Feedback using Eli Review, Every Friday at 10am, Zoom (see more details here).